Sunny Side Up!

Scrambled? Over-easy? On your face?

Clockwise from back left: too cool for school Egg Mousse Pack, it's SKIN Have A Eggshell cleansing foam, Tony Moly Egg Pore tightening cooling pack, and Tony Moly Egg Pore blackhead steam balm

     With natural ingredients and Korean beauty becoming more popular, eggs have made a comeback in the skincare business. 

   

       Humans have used eggs since the dawning of time as an easy to catch meal. Around 7000 BC, chicken farming began in parts of eastern Asia. During the Renaissance in Italy, eggs were used in combination with a skin whitening ingredient to create a shiny, bright complexion.Now days, most beauty products that include egg ingredients boast pore-minimizing effects and a skin tightening sensation. While these effects have yet to be scientifically proven, many people attest to their great beautification powers.

Wearing my Etude House Lovely Etti Hair Band and 
Tony Moly Egg Pore tightening cooling pack in hand and on my face

Here are the egg-ingredient K-beauty products that I own...

It's SKIN - Have A Eggshell cleansing foam:

Bright and clean: Have A Eggshell cleansing foam
        The reason I first purchased this It's SKIN cleansing foam was because it was cheap! I got it from a clearance sale on Memebox.com for $5. I was running low on my usual cleanser, so I thought it was a great time to try out a Korean face cleanser. The first thing I noticed when I received it was that this tube of cleansing foam is a generous size (150 mL/5.07 oz). Then I was caught by the beautiful image and the matte finish of the print on the tube itself (I love art, so I notice these things). When I first opened the cap I was impressed by the beautiful, clean smell of this foam cleanser. It has almost a sweet floral scent. When applying this to my face I noticed that the consistency is similar to Noxema, somewhat thick with a foam type texture. After massaging for about three minutes and then rinsing off, I was left with a very clean feeling face that also felt soft. Not only did my skin feel clean, it also felt somewhat dry, as if all of the oils were pulled out of my skin. So I recommend following up with a moisturizing toner and then a light moisturizer. I really like this product, but I probably won't purchase it again in the future because cream cleansers like this are a little too harsh for my sensitive skin. Have A Eggshell is no longer on Memebox, but you can find it HERE relatively cheap. 

Tony Moly - Egg Pore blackhead steam balm:

I'm in love with Tony Moly's packaging! Egg Pore blackhead steam balm
       Truth be told, I bought the Egg Pore products because I love the packaging. They look like eggs! This white egg is home to a self-heating face scrub that contains egg whites and charcoal and claims to draw out toxins, minimize pores, and nourish the skin. This product is meant to be used after your usual cleanser and applied to the T-zone or any other blackhead prone areas. After massaging for 3-5 minutes (the balm will turn white), rinse off. I personally love using this stuff in the shower. I think that the heat and steam from the hot shower water helps this balm work even better. My first impressions were that the although the packaging is super cute, only the bottom 1/3 of the package hold the product (30 g/1.06 oz). When I first opened the lid to the balm, I noticed a very sweet lemon-drop scent. I love the smell of lemons! The balm is kind of gooey and it has little exfoliating beads in it to help the product penetrate the pores. It's really easy to use, and the heating sensation is in no way overpowering. Your face shouldn't turn bright red after using. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me like some of my other exfoliating scrubs do. I hope I never run out of this stuff because it's fun, smells wonderful, and it's easy to use. I did notice that my pores seem to have gotten a bit more clear since I discovered this stuff. I purchased this on Memebox.com for $14.55, but it is currently out of stock. You can read the description HERE.

Tony Moly - Egg Pore tightening cooling pack:


Just as beautiful as its brother balm: Egg Pore tightening cooling pack
     
        I figured since I was going to purchase one egg, why not try to collect more? I couldn't let the balm be all alone. Besides, who ever buys just one egg from the store? Plus, I love that this pack comes in a different color egg packaging. This tightening pack is actually more like a fluffy clay mask. In fact, some of the ingredients for this pack are egg extracts and clay. The texture is really fluffy before applying it to the face. It has a more mellow citrus smell to it than the balm does. As it is smoothed over the face, the texture flattens out to be a clay mask. When using this product you apply it to your face, avoid eye and lip areas, and let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off. There is a mild cooling effect in this mask that is supposed to help close the pores up after using the steam balm, or after using any pore-removing cleanser. I didn't really notice any pore-minimizing effects from this, but I did notice how the clay and egg worked together to make my skin feel firm while the pack was drying on my face. After rinsing this stuff off I no longer had that tight skin sensation, but my skin did feel really soft and smooth. I recommend using a toner to remove any left over clay, and moisturize.

too cool for school - Egg Mousse Pack:


Messy and fun!: Egg Mousse Pack
       This was my latest egg-ingredient product purchase. I've seen reviews for it on YouTube and read testimonies left by customers on Memebox. This stuff is fun to use even if it is a little messy. This too cool for school mousse pack is made with egg proteins and when it's dried on the skin, it has that same shine and brightness that applying egg whites would create on the skin. The smell of this product reminds me of shampoo for some reason. It has that perfume clean scent that a lot of drug store brand shampoos and conditioners have. When using this stuff, you squirt out a small golf ball sized amount of foam and apply it to the face, distributing the foam so that it covers all except the areas around the eyes and mouth, and massage it around for about a minute. After about 10 to 20 minutes all of the foam should be dried and the face shiny with the dried pack all over it. Rinse the face with warm water and you're good to go! The one thing that I don't like about this stuff is that it makes the area around my nose itch. When I use it, I have to remove the pack from around my nostrils and the tip of my nose, otherwise I would go crazy from the itchiness. I'm pretty sure that this stuff sells a great amount due to the novelty of the packaging and the consistency. I purchased this on Memebox for $18, and you can get it HERE.

       There are still a couple of egg-ingredient items that I would like to purchase/own such as the super cute Tony Moly or Holika Holika egg soaps. I don't believe the hype about the effects of the egg in these products, or at least I don't believe that they do EXACTLY what they say that they do. I do believe and I know that I love the way that they make my skin feel and that they make me happy when I use them. Wouldn't you be happy holding a plastic goose egg that contains a sweet smelling skin treat?






  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sheer Simplicity - Jane Iredale "Naturally Glam" palette

Holy Grail of Skincare ☆ Maple Holistics Argan Oil ☆ REVIEW

[Safe] Fun in The Sun: Beautiful Sunscreen