Holy Grail of Skincare ☆ Maple Holistics Argan Oil ☆ REVIEW

As you may already know, multitasking products are a time-saving godsend. Even more so when you can use them from head to toe.

Multitasking Natural Wonder: Maple Holistics 100% Natural Argan Oil


   I was asked to test and review a product from Maple Holistics which is a company based in New Jersey that makes all natural products that are perfect for anyone trying to be more healthy and conscious of what you put in and on your body. I chose to try out their Argan Oil over the course of a month and then provide the results for you, my readers. I also have a special link for FREE SAMPLES of Maple Holistics products!

HAIR


 My hair before using Maple Holistics Argan Oil and after applying the oil to my hair. 

   Anyone who dyes or bleaches their hair knows that a good moisturizer is a must have. With my ever-changing colors, I am very susceptible to split ends and frizzled hair. I take vitamins that help my hair grow strong and healthy at the roots, but anytime that you bleach your hair you are stripping layers off of the strands of your hair, causing it to be more porous, which lightens it. This also causes great damage. 
   In order to combat this damage, I decided to try using Maple Holistics Argan Oil as a hair oil after washing, conditioning, and drying. After towel drying my hair, I dispensed oil about the size of a quarter in the palm of my hand. I then rubbed my hands together to disperse the oil, and then started with the ends of my hair and worked the oil up to about the middle of my hair. Since I have a really healthy scalp and hair roots, I didn't need to add oil any higher than the mid part of my hair. However, if you suffer from a dry scalp or dandruff, you could definitely work a little bit of the Argan Oil into your scalp while in the shower prior to shampooing to help stop the moisture from being stripped away. 
   After adding the oil to my hair, I becoming l brushed my hair and immediately noticed that it was easier to comb out tangles and the ends of my hair weren't snapping off like they do without the oil. The frizz in the bleached sections of my hair was almost non-existent. My hair looked nourished and shiny (see the picture above). One thing I will mention though is that you should only start with a tiny amount of oil to the ends of your hair and then use your better judgement as to whether you need more, otherwise your hair will pass the healthy stage and enter the oily-looking stage. 

Body

   
   I decided to use the Argan oil to help treat my dry eczema plagued hands and elbows. After toweling off from the shower my hands and arms especially feel dry, and the patches where I have eczema tend to sting and get itchy. So after drying off I added a few drops of Argan oil to my hands and rubbed it into the backs of my hands and up to my elbows. I immediately felt relief from the itchiness and dryness. And over the course of a month of use I have noticed a great difference in the condition of my hands and elbows. The bumps caused by my eczema have gotten smaller and have grown fewer in number. 

My eczema on my right hand before and after using Maple Holistics Argan oil. 
   
   I now also use the tiniest amount of this Argan oil as a full body moisturizer and it works great.  I'm allergic to fragrance in lotions and I try to stay away from poisonous parabens so this is a good alternative. My body soaks the oil up and I don't feel greasy as long as I don't add more oil than is needed.  

Face 

 Using the dropper, I apply a drop of Argan oil directly to my face and then use a cotton pad to distribute the oil. 

   I have found THREE great uses for this Argan oil when it comes to my face. Facial oils are becoming ever popular, but with all of the added fragrances and additives, I've been afraid to try them. I find that using this pure 100% Argan oil is a great alternative. 
   The first way that I use Argan oil on my face is as a moisturizer and primer for the rough dry patches on my cheeks. I the the dropper and add a drop directly to the cheek and then use a cotton pad to spread the oil around. The cotton pad also makes sure that there isn't an excess of oil left on my face which would cause a totally different problem. 
   The second way that I have incorporated Argan oil into my face care is as a moisturizer for my lips prior to using liquid lipsticks. I'm a fan of the long lasting matte liquid lipsticks, but they will dry out your lips and cause them to crack if you don't moisturize. You don't want to use a traditional lip balm because it will leave a film on your lips, which makes it hard for the liquid lipstick to stick to your lips (causes flaking and smudging). Instead, use a tiny dab of Argan oil either on the finger or cotton swab, and massage it into the lips. Let the oil sit on your lips for about two minutes and then use a tissue to blot away any oil that was not absorbed. Now your lips are ready for your liquid lipstick! 

Argan Oil applied to a cotton swab to remove eye makeup and nourish eyelashes. 

   Last but not least, I have been using this Argan oil as a makeup remover and eyelash serum for my eyes. When applied to a cotton swab, I can use Argan oil to remove my eyeliner, mascara, and eyelash adhesive that won't come off by washing or using my regular makeup remover. Not only does it remove the left over makeup, but the Argan oil makes my eyelashes shiny. I also noticed that I don't have as many eyelashes falling out when I apply the oil to my eyelids. This has me thinking that it makes a great eyelash serum too! 

Final Thoughts


   I don't know why I was afraid to use Argan oil before now, but now it's become a daily necessity for so many different rituals. As long as you use it sparingly, you won't end up oily. 

PROS: 
   - 100% pure Moroccan Argan Oil / no additives
   - Absorbs quickly into the skin / non-greasy
   - Cold-pressed & Unrefined (retains vitamin benefits)
   - High in vitamin E and fatty acids
   - Non-irritating / great for sensitive skin
   - Contains antioxidants that are good for balancing acne-prone skin 
   - More benefits of Argan Oil HERE

CONS: 
   - Has a smell similar to licorice, but dissipates within a few minutes.
   - If you have an allergy to Argan Oil, it is in most skincare and hair care products.

☆☆☆   If you would like FREE SAMPLES from Maple Holistics, they gave me a special link to share with you HERE!

  ◇◇◇ If you're interested in trying Maple Holistics Argan Oil for yourself, use think LINK.

Thank you for reading! Make sure to follow me on Instagram! Leave me a comment letting me know what you thought of my review!!! ♡♡♡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sheer Simplicity - Jane Iredale "Naturally Glam" palette

Super Serum *REVIEW*: Yeouth Anti-aging Super Serum